Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Interview: Jambrea Jo Jones



Hello sweet friends and welcome to this new Tuesday!
I’m proud to have a very nice woman with me today. She’s very outgoing, and I never saw her getting angry with anybody. That’s a good change, right? And besides that, she's also a very talented writer. Oh and she must be tired as we speak… If you saw some of the GRL’s pics, you’ll understand what I mean (she’s been very busy lol). I really need to find a way to go there next year!!
Ok, I’ll stop babbling and let her answer the questions J  
Please welcome Jambrea Jo Jones!
 

The morning, you are tea or coffee?
None of the above. J lol I used to be a big diet coke drinker, but gave it up.
 
What kind of books do you write? I mostly write m/m erotic romance.
I dabble in a few different genres within m/m. I do also write m/f, but not as much anymore.
 
Why did you choose this genre?
There is no good answer for this. I don’t know, I was drawn to it. I like the idea of two strong men falling in love.
 
When you write, are you keyboard or paper?
I write on a computer. Every now and again I’ll go old school with paper and pen, but not very often.
 
Are you more motivated to write when the sun shines or when the weather is gray?
Neither. Lol My office has a window, but I keep the curtains drawn. The weather doesn’t really motivate me one way or the other.
 
Where do you find your inspiration? 
Everywhere. I can watch a tv show or a movie and an idea will pop into my head. Or I could be people watching. Heck, even looking at photos will give me an idea.
 
When you start a book, do you already have the whole story in your head, or is it built progressively?
I don’t have the story in my head. It just sort of comes out as I’m typing. Once I get a good start I get more of a feel for the story and where it is going.
 
How do you feel before the release of a book? Fear, joy? And after?
I just feel happy. Both before and after. I write for me and I’m happy when others like it, but I enjoy my stories. There are a few that I’ll worry about, but I’m still happy.
 
Between your first and last novel, do you feel a change? Do you write differently?
I don’t think so. Not really. Of course, I should probably go back and read an old one to see if there is a change. I feel like I write the same.
 
They say that writers project themselves into the skin and into the head of his hero / heroine, is that the case for you?
Not always. There has been a character here or there that is more me, but for the most part, my characters are themselves. They might have traits of people I know, but not always.
 
You define yourself more like a bookworm, a city mouse or a country mouse?
I’m a bookworm. I read more than I write. I shouldn’t admit that, but it’s true. Lol
 
Molière said: “Writing is like prostitution. First we write for the love of it, then for a few friends, and in the end for money.” What do you think about it?
I don’t think that is true for me. Sure, the money is nice, but I still love writing and am amazed that others enjoy my stories as well.
 
Your books have already been translated?
No, my books have not been translated at this time. My main publishers don’t do translations that I know of.
 
Do you pay attention to literary criticism?
Yes. I look at reviews and try to take in what they are saying. I think you can find positive in MOST reviews and criticisms. But I’m also a glass half full kinda gal.
 
The days are 25 hours. You spend that extra hour in the garden or in the kitchen?
Why would I go to the kitchen or garden? *gasp* lol I’d be reading! Or watching a great movie or tv show.
 
What is the book you would bring with you on a deserted island?
That is hard. Can I bring a series? Carol Lynne comes to mind. TA Chase. Amber Kell. I re read them ALL the time. JL Langley too. Well, too many to name. lol How about kindle? Can I bring one of those? 
 
In the evening, do you turn off the light directly or do you take the time to read?
Usually I fall asleep to the tv, but if I’m in the middle of a book, I’ll take time to read.
 
Thanks for having me!!!



Blurb: 


Flair Coruscate maybe be king of the dragons, but he doesn't want to rule in the bedroom. Sometimes, it isn't good to be the king. Saber Von Stein just wants to live a normal human life in the magical kingdom, but a curse has him hunting out an audience with the king in hopes of escaping the clutches of an evil wizard family. With a little Fairy Godmother magic and a royal ball can the King and the human have a happily ever after?

 

Excerpt:
 
"Send in Ember. Then I'll do the wedding and take care of the dispute. After that I need to get out of here. Or at least go to my room where there aren't any servants and the only bare ass is my own." Flair ran a hand down his face.
 
"You could just pick one, get it over with, and go about your day."
 
"Screw them."
 
Roar raised a brow. It took a minute for what he said to sink in. When it did, he threw back his head and laughed. It felt good. He hadn't laughed much since his father's death.
 
"You know, you are the king now. You could change some of the laws." Roar patted him on the back and left the room.
 
That's right. He wasn't a prince anymore. He was the law maker. Flair could put an end to it once and for all.
 
Ember sauntered into the room.
 
"Nice, bro. It's good to be the king." Ember cast his gaze along the wall where the men and women were lined up, asses bare waiting for the royal fuck. How did his father do it?
 
"Shut it, Em. What brings you to the castle? Shouldn't you be playing with your friend?"
 
"Blaze met his mate. He's about useless." Ember moved to stand beside Flair.
 
"What about his roommate? The one you're hot for? Go fuck with him. I'm really not in the mood."
 
"Looks like you're ready to go from where I'm standing." Ember looked down at Flair's crotch before plopping onto the arm of the throne.
 
"Damn it." His tights had opened again. He was exposed to the whole room.
 
Flair moved out of the chair, hoping that standing would fix the exposure problem. Ember slid down into the royal chair sideways.
 
"Why so modest? You've got the goods, they're willing and able." Ember swung his legs back and forth, his head resting on the other end.
 
He shook his head at his brother's antics.
 
"Willing? Really?"
 
"Well-"
 
"Well nothing. Father made that stupid law when he was out of his mind. The council should have stepped in. Now, enough of that. Why are you here?" His brother could get under his skin faster than anybody else.
 
"No idea. I was summoned." Ember shrugged.
 
"Not by me." Flair crossed his arms over his chest. This day needed to be over.
 
"I don't know what to tell you. I was ordered to show up."
 
"Um-sire?" Roar had entered the room while he was bickering with his brother and interrupted them.
 
"Roar!" Flair was about to break.
 
"Sorry. Flair, you know that dragon eating incident?" Roar tapped his notes against his leg.
 
"What about it?" Flair paced by the chair and shoved his brother out of it and sat down.
 
Could this day get any worse?
 
"It seems little Ember is the one who ate the wizard."
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment